Measure stockpile, pit and blast volumes in minutes
Track your material production without needing to pause operations. Most quarries can be accurately surveyed using drones in less than an hour, with data ready to measure and create reports within a day.
Keep a close eye on haul roads and pit faces
Use the Line Tool to quickly measure road grades and windrow heights to check they conform to design and safety requirements. Measure bench and overall pit angles safely and accurately.
Inspect equipment and monitor contractors
Use high resolution imagery of your site to easily and remotely perform crushing equipment inspections or to closely monitor plant upgrades and contractor payment works.
Safer, Faster, In-house Surveying
Regular drone surveys provide up-to-date information to quarry managers, project stakeholders and operators. Reduce people-to-machine interactions by surveying hazardous or inaccessible areas safely using a drone. Stratus lets you survey the site whenever you need without having to bring in a survey crew.
Environmental Responsibilities and Safety
Get frequent, detailed images of operations and protected areas to easily demonstrate your conformance with regulatory requirements. Get overall site images for inspection works, without sending personnel on-site. Track changes in slope angles to better manage slips
Tighten up your plans and budgets as a result of more frequent and accurate volume data with fewer site visits when people can track progress and inspect work remotely. A cloud-based platform means all departments can work from the same up-to-date survey data at the same time, eliminating information silos and miscommunications. With Stratus you can tailor production to customer demand with more frequent and accurate stockpile and pit volume data.
- Measure stockpile volumes more frequently and safely to enable better stockpile management.
- Manage in-pit stock volumes; and calculate total volumes removed from pit via surface-to-surface comparisons.
- Compare actual-surface-to-shell to track conformance.
- Track changes in slope angles between surveys to better manage slips.
- Calculate bench angles and overall pit slope angles for shell conformance.
- Improve safety by enabling Geotechs to inspect walls remotely.
- Export PDF reports to keep site personnel up-to-date.
- Export 3D DXF and point cloud files to update pit and waste dump designs.
- Easily compare pre- and post-blast volumes and measure blast face angles.
- Calculate drill hole depths using drill surface models
- Inspect blast fragmentation areas safely.
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
- Measure road grades, cross-slopes, road widths and windrow heights to ensure they meet design and safety requirements.
- Reduce cycle times and optimize mobile plant efficiency by tracking haul road design conformance.
- Perform quick volume calculations of material moved for contract conformance and payment.
- See ‘proof’ of site changes via a visual timeline.
- Fewer disputes as data can be shared with contractors so everyone is on the same Page.
- Get frequent, detailed images of site boundaries and protected areas to ensure these are not disturbed.
- Demonstrate conformance to regulatory requirements via frequent surveys visualized on a timeline.
- Inspect areas before-and-after major events (eg. large rainfall events).
- Tighter planning and budgeting as a result of more frequent volume data.
- Less site visits required as head office and other stakeholders can track progress and inspect work remotely.
- Ability to manage more sites as data from all sites is more easily accessible.
- Extend the life of fixed plant by conducting more frequent inspections.
- Cloud-based platform means all departments can work from the same up-to-date survey data at the same time.
- Tailor production to customer demand with more frequent and accurate stockpile and pit volume data.
- Place ground control
- Fly drone over site
- Upload ground control
- Upload drone images (30 minutes)
- Data is processed (24 hours)
- Analyze and share site maps and models