March 7-11, 2017 | Las Vegas Convention Center | Las Vegas, Nevada
Our experienced Aggregates team are also presenting two educational presentations, ROI
of Technology for Aggregates, and, Lean and Mean from Aggregates Production to Sales, please find the outlines below.
CONEXPO-CON/AGG is the international gathering place every three years for the construction industries, with a focus on construction, aggregates and ready mixed concrete. The event features exhibits of the latest technologies and innovations in equipment, products and services plus extensive industry-targeted education.
Lean and Mean from Aggregates Production to Sales #T11
Tue. March 7| 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
The aggregate industry is getting more and more competitive every day. Quarry operators must keep extraction and crushing moving with minimum downtime. They must also meet their customer expectation at the loadout yard by fulfilling customer orders quickly and accurately and control costs to remain competitive. Every interaction with quarry products (either on plant and equipment), adds time and increase costs, in wages, tire wear, fuel spend or machine hours. Smart quarries are taking advantage of process improvement tools to find the competitive edge, maximize production and keep customers happy.
1. Identify ‘waste’ in the aggregates workflow in extraction and processing.
2. Explore how to leverage technology into aggregates workflows to maintain performance.
3. Reveal the real costs of delays in loading and weighbridge holdups in loadout; and examine how automating and streamlining can improve customer satisfaction
Presenter: Kevin Lai
ROI of Technology for Aggregates #F11
Fri. March 10| 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
With more technology options competing for your time and budget where should you start? How does it help me make money? Which technology will help to manage your aggregates operations and what’s the right for your operation? This session identifies the key processes within your operation where technology can make a significant difference and then help you to decide what’s right for you. Learn which costs can be affected by today’s latest technology, what benefits to expect, and how to calculate the impact for your own specific operation. After this session, you will have a framework for thinking about the different ways technology can affect your top and bottom lines, and some tools to do your own calculations.
1. Build skills to isolate the most relevant technology options
2. Develop a criteria for selecting improvement products and action plan to review options, including ROI calculations
3. Define a process framework and metrics for the aggregates production and delivery process
Presenters: Elliot Chisholm, Tony Gianni